What Air Quality Monitors can do for your health

What are Air-Quality Monitors?

Carbon-dioxide detectors set off alarms when detecting high levels of Co2 in the air.

Air quality monitors, however, examine the air of our homes to measure “air quality.” Air quality consists of the percentage of oxygen, levels of humidity and presence of heavy particles in the air. Impurities in your home’s air might not affect some people, but particles like pollen can certainly cause those with allergies to increase their cases of anaphylaxis. Patients with asthma, on the other hand, are often sensitive to the dust pollutants that can circulate within our homes.

Knowing the exact impurity of your home’s-air content gives you a head start in eliminating airborne pollutants before they affect your health. Since millions of people are unaware of the type of air pollutants that can settle within a house, many families unknowingly leave their respiratory health exposed to airborne impurities. Breathing at home can be dangerous when, without a detector, you aren’t told about your air’s impurity levels.

An air-quality monitor tests for impurities in the air and then notifies you of any unsafe conditions.

The Common Pollutants Detected by Air-Quality Monitors

The diversity of sensors that air-quality monitors work through are what measure “overall quality” as opposed to just a single pathogen. The air we breathe only has 21% oxygen content in it, so it helps to measure what the remaining 79% of the air content that we breathe at home is. Here are some-common pollutants that air-quality monitors detect:

Dust—Dust is relatively dense for its size and can trigger asthma attacks as it begins to mold. The small and often microscopic size of dust enables it to enter nasal cavities to then cause severe-respiratory reactions in humans. Air-quality monitors help you to determine how often and when you need to clean dust from your home.

Allergens—Pollen not only has the ability to enter your home’s airflow, but it can remain within your home while triggering consistent-allergic reactions. Dust mites, bacteria, organic compounds and fungal spores are airborne allergens that air-quality monitors detect.

Humidity—Maintaining the health of your respiratory tract, skin and eyes can be achieved by increasing the humidity within your home. Air-quality monitors detect humidity levels while still measuring multiple-airborne hazards at once.

Improving the Health of Homeowners Around the World

Poor-air quality is a factor behind 3.8-million-global deaths that result from home-air pollution every year. The hazards within air can’t always be seen, so it’s helpful to have sensors that detect your air quality. Air-quality monitors might not clean your house for you, but they immediately inform you of when you need to reduce any airborne hazards.